Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12/19/2012- Dutch Smoked Goudam



The 20th meeting of the International Cheese Club commenced on December 19, 2012. Present members were Moobs, Scott, Jesse, Tony, and Susie the Cat.. The cheese sampled was Dutch Garden Smoked Goudam cheese product. It was served cold with mini-toast, pepperoni, grapes, and grilled on wheat bread.

Thoughts:

Moobs- I enjoyed it a lot, more than I thought I would.  You can really appreciate the smoky flavor of the cheese, I thought it would be subdued, but it was quite strong.  Almost like a smoky American cheese.  The grilled cheese was my favorite way, but it was especially good with the pepperoni.  The grape and cheese combo wasn't exciting, it didn't add anything to the flavor of the cheese.  I would absolutely eat this again.

Jesse- If you've ever tasted Lance Smoky Cheddar Cheese crackers, that's what it taste like, I didn't say that was a bad thing.  I liked all the ways it was prepared and would eat this again.  When you put the cheese, pepperoni, and mini-toast together, it's quite a premium snack.  Judging from the price tag, that says a lot about it's quality.  (note- the price for the mini-wheel was 4 dollars)

Tony- It has a scrumptious, smoky flavor that was quite heady.  The cheese was soft, but not too it's detriment.  I loved it on the mini-toast, but all the other preparations weren't bad either.  I would eat this again many times over.

Scott- It was delicious.  Thy smoky aroma and taste combined with the creamy texture was very appealing.  The grilled version was the best way to eat it.  The grape and cheese combo was my least favorite, but it was still good.  I would buy this cheese again.

Susie the Cat-  Liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment