Sunday, July 3, 2011

02/03/11- Ashe County 5-Year Aged Cheedar



The 19th meeting of the International Cheese Club commenced on July 03, 2011. Present members were Moob, Scott, Jesse, Tony, and Susie the Cat. Special guests Mary Jo and James were also present. The cheese sampled was a 5 year old Ashe County cheddar. It was served cold with mini-toast and grilled on wheat bread.

Thoughts:

Moobs- I liked the cheese, it's one of the best cheddar's I've had...if not THE best. It's really sharp, but it's not too sharp. It doesn't have a lingering bite to it, after the initial bite it smooths out. The grilled cheese was my favorite application. I would eat it again, but I did not like it on mini-toast.

Scott- Very good cheddar cheese, probably the best I've ever had. It was extremely sharp, but not overpowering. I would have to agree with Moobs, the taste didn't linger too long and that's what made it so good. I liked it best on the mini-toast, but liked it slightly melted too. I would definitely eat this again.

Jesse- It was very good. A lovely cheddar cheese. The sharpness of the cheddar complimented the genuine taste of the cheese. I'm talking about when you put cheddar in it's own category. Taste really good melted, but the best application was yet to be tasted because I think it would go good with nachos. Yes I would eat this again, not the best cheddar I ever had.

Tony- It was a pretty good cheddar, but I like Cabot's cheddar better. The sharpness was pretty good, probably better in a smaller quantity. I liked it best by itself, but it would kill shredded over some nachos.

James- It was a very good sharp cheddar, one of the best. It was the best by itself, maybe with some fruit it would be good. The grilled cheese and toast kind of drowned out all the flavor the cheese had. I would eat it every day of my life, it's great.

Mary Jo- It was good, really sharp, almost overpowering at times. I liked it with the mini-toast best. I would eat it again.

Susie the Cat- Liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment