Sunday, June 19, 2011

06/19/2011- Havarti



The 18th meeting of the International Cheese Club commenced on June 19, 2011. Present members were Moob, Scott, Jesse, Tony, and Susie the Cat. The cheese sampled was Havarti. It was served cold with plums, almonds and mini-toast. Also it was grilled on wheat bread.

Thoughts:

Moobs- I liked it. I wouldn't say it's anything special, but I would buy it again. I didn't like it with the plums, it was very gross. Kind of a middle of the road cheese, not a very distinctive cheese for me.

Scott- It was really good cheese, like a very mild Swiss. I liked it best either by itself or with the plum. The plum brought out the flavor, but by itself it was a good mild cheese. I would eat it again.

Jesse- A squeaky texture and taste like a soft cheddar-mozzarella. It tasted good by itself mostly. Such a mild cheese it was hidden by all the other things you're eating. Personally I'll skip it because it's so subtle, but I do like it.

Tony- I like Havarti. It went well with the mini-toast and the almonds, but the grilled cheese was prepared improperly and therefore didn't get the fair shot it deserved. I know from experience that this cheese is good on a grilled cheese. I would probably eat it again, I enjoyed it.

Susie the Cat- Liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment