Tuesday, March 1, 2011

03/01/2011- iStara P'Tit Basque




The seventh meeting of the International Cheese Club commenced on March 1, 2011. Present members were Moobs, Jesse, Scott, Tony, and Susie the Cat.

This week's cheese was provided by Scott and it was a p'tit basque, a french sheep cheese. It was served cold with sliced apples and Ritz crackers. Also was served melted over nacho chips.

Opinions:

Moobs- There was a lot of hype around this cheese. We were told ahead of time this might not be the best tasting cheese and the strong odor that it had once he unwrapped it didn't help. However, once I got past the first bite and I realized it wasn't as bad as I thought, it was alright. By itself it had a very unique and strong flavor, I never had sheep's cheese before. The Ritz kept the flavor consistent. I didn't care for it with the apple, they didn't mesh well together. The nachos were good, but I tasted nachos more than the cheese. I would eat this again with the right item.

Scott- I was also thrown off the by the hype. Slicing it, it smelled very unpleasant and I was dreading it. After the first bite I liked it. By itself nice and creamy, but it had a bitter aftertaste. Taste good with the Ritz. The apple brought out all the flavors more including the bitterness. The nachos were okay. I would eat this again, very surprised by it.

Jesse- It's good cheese, it's the flavor I look for in cheese. Reminds me of high quality mozzarella or provolone. Very good by itself, it had a good cheese flavor. It was kind of greasy, this would probably be a good pizza cheese. Not much flavor on the nachos though. The apple gave it kind of a sour taste. One of my favorites so far. The quality and the price, it was reasonable and I would try it again.

Tony- I was not looking forward to this cheese, but it surprised me. A strong, flavorful cheese that was nice and creamy. The Ritz added to the good flavor of the cheese, it was very tasty. The apples brought out a kind of unpleasant taste, not that great. The nachos were just as bland as any cheese we try melted on nachos. I wouldn't hesitate to try it again.

Susie the cat- Liked the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment